Sure, social media is a great way to connect with family and friends around the globe. You can catch up current events, vacations, children’s milestones, and more. However, for social media marketing, it’s a whole lot more. Not only are sites such as Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and even Instagram, important ways to connect with your clients, they also are vital to growing your business and promoting your products and services.
Why Your Business Needs Social Media
Did you know that more than 80 percent of B2B marketers use at least one form of social media to promote their business? It doesn’t matter what you are selling or even to whom you are selling. When you use social media as a marketing tool, it will have a positive effect on your brand and your company.
Nonetheless, there is still that 20 percent of marketers who have dug in their heels, and prefer to use methods that have worked for years. However, the world is changing, and the need for social media is greater than ever. Here are some of the things you may not have though about with respect to social media.
· Social Media drives targeted traffic to your doorstep. Your social media page shows off your business to the world. A well-placed post can make a huge difference and bring in traffic you may not have expected.
· It leads to real relationships. The interactions you have on sites such as Instagram and Twitter can help you gain insight to who your customers are, what they are buying, and what kind of posts they want to read and share. It also gives you an idea to what your competitors are doing.
· Customers are receptive to your messages through social media. Because most people use social media to connect with others, they usually won’t see your posts as advertisements. Therefore, they are more likely to hear your message and share it with their followers and friends.
· Social media gets you noticed! If your company sponsors a fundraiser or attends a trade show, you can announce your presence via social media. Updating your pages during events helps as well.
· It builds brand loyalty. If you have a strong and active social media presence, you will gain more loyal customers especially when you are engaging and interacting. You will look less like a business and more like a person sharing your vision.
· Most importantly, it creates a level playing field. Although some brands have larger budgets, all companies start off on equal footing when it comes to social media. To succeed, you will have to crate useful, cleaver, and attention-getting tactics, as well as link-worthy content.
Why Social Media Is Important
Social media is important to businesses because your brand cannot exist online if you don’t have representation on social channels. It also allows you to interact with your followers, thought leaders, and potential clients.
It is also fun. You can host a Twitter or Facebook chat to introduce a new product line or service. You can also create pop-culture polls for your followers to chime in on as a way to boost traffic and build brand awareness.